Belly fat is fat around the abdomen. There are two types of belly fat :
- Visceral fat surrounds the organs, which is more harmful than having subcutaneous fat.
- Subcutaneous: This is fat that sits under the skin.
- The gain in belly fat is due to excess calories consume than you burn, lack of exercise, sedentary lifestyle, slow down metabolism at 40-50 ages, hormonal changes, stress and heredity.
- There are some Fastest Ways to Burn Belly Fat – above 50 years, but it need commitement , percistance and hard work and seld descipline,
- Health Risk of Belly fat:Belly fat increase the chances of developing serious health issues, including:
1. Heart disease,
2. Breast cancer,
4. Gallbladder problems,
5. High blood pressure
visceral obesity is higher risk
1. Glucose intolerance
2. High cholesterol
3. High blood pressure
How to Measure Belly Fat:
Waist circumference, If women measure a waist measurement more than 35 inches and men measure a waist measurement more than 40 inches are termed high belly fat.
Waist circumference is a measurement taken around the abdomen at the level of the umbilicus (belly button).
Hip measurement is a measurements in inches while Standing with your feet directly beneath your hips and wrap the tape around the widest part of your hips and buttocks.
Now Hip-Waist Ratio-WHR. Divide your waist size by your hip size to get your waist to hip ratio.
According to the World Health Organization, a waist-to-hip ratio greater than 1.0 is indicative of a higher risk of developing heart disease.
A healthy WHR for women is under .85 and a healthy WHR for men is .90 or less.
How to Get Rid of Belly Fat Rolls- If your stomach is flat when you’re standing and the roll only appears when you’re seated, you shouldn’t worry too much.
It’s when your belly starts to protrude while standing that you should be concerned.
The exercise helps your body to burn more calories but alone not likely to make a big difference in your belly fat.
Reason for Gain Belly Fat:
1. Sugary Bakery product and beverages contain added sugar, which contains high percentage of fructose leads to body weight and belly fat gain.
2. Alcohol can have healthful and harmful effects. When consumed in moderate amounts, it may lower your risk of heart attacks and strokes. But high alcohol intake may lead to inflammation, liver disease and other health problems.
The alcohol suppresses fat burning and excess calories from alcohol are accumulated as belly fat so the term “beer belly”
3. Trans fats:Trans fats are the unhealthiest fats on the planet. They’re created by adding hydrogen to unsaturated fats in order to make them more stable. Trans fats increase inflammation that may drive insulin resistance and the accumulation of belly fat.
4. Inactivity: may promote an increase in belly fat. Resistance and regular aerobic exercise may prevent abdominal fat regain after weight loss.
5. Low-Protein Diets:adequate dietary protein prevents weight gain by keep you feel full and satisfied, increase your metabolic rate and lead to a spontaneous reduction in calorie intake In contrast.
Low protein intake the hunger hormone neuropeptide Y secretion drive hunger and belly fat gain.
6. Menopause:Hormonal changes at menopause result in a shift in fat storage from the hips and thighs to visceral fat in the abdomen.
7. The Wrong gut flora or microbiome:out of Hundreds of types of bacteria live in your gut, mainly in your colon some are beneficial to your health, while others are problematic which increase the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer and other diseases and may cause weight gain, including belly fat.
8. Fruit Juice: Even unsweetened 100% fruit juice contains a lot of sugar are a source of liquid calories that’s easy to consume unconsciously in excess but fails to satisfy your appetite same way as solid food, can promote insulin resistance and belly fat.
9. Stress and Cortical: Cortical is an essential hormone for survival. It’s produced by the adrenal glands and is known as a “stress hormone” because it helps your body to mount a stress response. Unfortunately, it can lead to weight gain when produced in excess.
As the stress drives overeating in many people leading the weight gain but cortical promotes fat storage in the bellymay lead to increased abdominal fat.
10. Low-Fiber Diets:Fiber are good for health and controll your weight.
Some types of fiber help you feel full, not Hungary by stabilize hunger hormones and reduce calorie absorption from food
11. Genetics: Genes play a major role in obesity risk. Similarly, the tendency to store fat in the abdomen is partly influenced by genetics
This includes the gene for the receptor that regulates cortical and the gene that codes for the leptin receptor, which regulates calorie intake and weight gain. Genes appear to play a role in high waist-to-hip ratios and storage of excess calories as belly fat.
12. Insufficient and Sleep disorders:
The enough sleep is crucial for your health and inadequate sleep leads weight gain mostly as abdominal fat
One of the most common disorders, sleep apnea, is a condition in which breathing stops repeatedly during the night due to soft tissue in the throat blocking the airway.
Actions recommended to Lose Weight After 50
Unhealthy habits, sedentary lifestyle, poor dietary choices and metabolic changes can all contribute to weight gain after the age of 50 which can be corrected by a few simple adjustments,
1. Muscle-building exercises:
As you aged, your muscle mass declines in a process called sarcopenia, which slow your metabolism, lead to weight gain so add regular exercise for reducing age-related muscle loss and promoting a healthy body weight.
Plan Strength training, such as body weight exercises and weight lifting, to improve muscle strength and increase muscle size, which can help you to lose weight by reducing body fat and boosting your metabolism, which can increase how many calories you burn throughout the day.
2. Team up with friends to weight loss:can strengthen your commitment to a fitness program and make exercising more enjoyable. Burning more calories than you take in is critical to losing excess body fat. That’s why being more active throughout the day is important when trying to lose weight.
For example, sitting at your job for long periods of time might oppose your weight loss efforts. To counteract this, you can become more active at work by simply getting up from your desk and taking a five-minute walk every hour
3. Add on your protein intake:
Getting enough high-quality protein can help prevent or even reverse muscle age related muscles loss and also weight loss.
How many calories you burn as resting metabolic rate (RMR), please decreases by 1–2% each decade after you turn 20 to manager age-related muscle loss..
The older adults have higher protein needs than younger adults.
4.Hire a Dietician and follow Advise religiously:
Research shows that working with a Consulting a registered dietitian to lose weight can lead to significantly better results than going it yourself alone, and maintain the weight loss over time,with best way to lose excess body fat without having to follow an overly restrictive diet.
5.Prefer self and home cooked food than from Restaurants.
Numerous studies have demonstrated that people who prepare and eat more meals at home tend to follow a healthier diet and weigh less than those eat outside.Cooking meals at home allows you to control the receipe, the healthy ingredients, the healthy process.
6. Increase Vegeterial food day after day:
Vegetables and fruits are packed with nutrients and vital for your health, increase in daily serving of vegetables was documented drop in excess weight and
associated with a 0.14-inch (0.36-cm) waist circumference reduction in women.
eating fruits and vegetables lower body weight, reduced waist circumference, and lessen body fat.
7. invest in personal trainer:
Working with a personal trainer benefit the new person to working out by teaching proven , experienced,correct way to exercise which deliever promote weight loss and avoiding any injury.
Personal trainers can motivate you to work out more percistently keeping you accountable. They may even improve your attitude about exercising.
one-on-one personal training for 1 hour per week increased motivation to exercise and increased physical activity levels.
8, Restaurant foods is typically high in calories and low in nutrients like protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals are called “empty calories.”and replacing them with nutritious meals and snacks that revolve around nutrient-dense whole foods is a smart way to lose weight.
9. Do an activity that you love:
it is difficult for you to daily do reutine exercise for long term than engage in group activities that you enjoy,such as a playing soccer so you can exercise with others on a regular basis.
If you do not like to excercise in group than try biking, walking, hiking, or swimming on your own. If you are struggling to lose weight even though you’re active and following a healthy diet then investigate for conditions that may make weight loss difficult such as like hypothyroidism and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) as there is hidden obstruction to weight loss. or you have family history with these conditions .
10. Eat a whole-foods-based diet
One of the simplest ways to ensure that you give your body the nutrients it needs to thrive is by following a diet rich in whole foods.
Whole foods, including vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, poultry, fish, legumes, and grains, are packed with nutrients essential for maintaining a healthy body weight, such as fiber, protein, and healthy fats.
In many studies, whole-food-based diets, both plant-based diets and those that include animal products, have been associated with weight loss .
11. Eat less at night
Eating fewer calories at night may help you maintain a healthy body weight and lose excess body fat .
A study in 1,245 people found that over 6 years, those who consumed more calories at dinner were over 2 times more likely to become obese than people who ate more calories earlier in the day.
Plus, those who ate more calories at dinner were significantly more likely to develop metabolic syndrome, a group of conditions including high blood sugar and excess belly fat. Metabolic syndrome increases your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.
Eating the majority of your calories during breakfast and lunch, while enjoying a lighter dinner, may be a worthwhile method to promote weight loss.
12. Focus on body composition:
Although body weight is a good indicator of health, your body composition — meaning the percentages of fat and fat-free mass in your body — is important as well.
Muscle mass is an important measure of overall health, especially in older adults. Packing on more muscle and losing excess fat should be your goal.
There are many ways to measure your body fat percentage. However, simply measuring your waist, biceps, calves, chest, and thighs can help you determine if you’re losing fat and gaining muscle.
13. Hydrate your body for healthy way
Drinks like sweetened coffee beverages, soda, juices, sports drinks, and pre-made smoothies are often packed with calories and added sugars.
Drinking sugar-sweetened beverages, especially those sweetened with high-fructose corn syrup, is strongly linked to weight gain and conditions like obesity, heart disease, diabetes, and fatty liver disease.
Swapping sugary beverages with healthy drinks like water and herbal tea can help you lose weight and may significantly reduce your risk of developing the chronic conditions mentioned above.
14. Choose the right food supplements:
If you feel fatigued and unmotivated, taking the right supplements may help give you the energy you need to reach your goals.
As you grow older, your ability to absorb certain nutrients declines, increasing your risk of deficiencies. For example, research shows that adults over 50 are commonly deficient in folate and vitamin B12, two nutrients that are needed for energy production .
Deficiencies in B vitamins like B12 can negatively impact your mood, cause fatigue, and hinder weight loss.
For this reason, it’s a good idea for those over 50 to take a high-quality B-complex vitamin to help decrease the risk of deficiency.
15. Limit added sugars in your food:
Limiting foods high in added sugar, including sweetened beverages, candy, cakes, cookies, ice cream, sweetened yogurts, and sugary cereals, is critical for weight loss at any age.
Because sugar is added to so many foods, including items that you wouldn’t expect like tomato sauce, salad dressing, and bread, reading ingredient labels is the best way to determine if an item contains added sugar.
Look for “added sugars” on the nutrition facts label or search the ingredient list for common sweeteners such as cane sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, and agave.
18. Improve your sleep quality:
Not getting enough quality sleep may harm your weight loss efforts. Many studies have shown that not getting enough sleep increases the likelihood of obesity and may hinder weight loss efforts .
For example, a 2-year study in 245 women demonstrated that those who slept 7 hours per night or more were 33% more likely to lose weight than women who slept less than 7 hours per night. Better sleep quality was also associated with weight loss success.
Aim to get the recommended 7–9 hours of sleep per night and improve your sleep quality by minimizing light in your bedroom and avoiding using your phone or watching TV before bed.
19. Try out intermittent fasting:
Intermittent fasting is a type of eating pattern in which you only eat during a specified period. The most popular type of intermittent fasting is the 16/8 method, where you eat within an 8-hour window followed by a 16-hour fast .
Numerous studies have shown that intermittent fasting promotes weight loss .
What’s more, some test-tube and animal studies suggest that intermittent fasting may benefit older adults by increasing longevity, slowing cell decline, and preventing age-related changes to mitochondria, the energy-producing parts of your cells.
20. Be more mindful
Mindful eating can be a simple way to improve your relationship with food, all while encouraging weight loss.
Mindful eating involves paying more attention to your food and eating patterns. It gives you a better understanding of your hunger and fullness cues, as well as how food impacts your mood and well-being.
Many studies have noted that using mindful eating techniques promotes weight loss and improves eating behaviors
There are no specific rules to mindful eating, but eating slowly, paying attention to the aroma and flavor of each bite of food, and keeping track of how you feel during your meals are simple ways to introduce mindful eating to your life.
The bottom line:
Though weight loss may seem to get more difficult with age, many evidence-based strategies can help you achieve and maintain a healthy body weight after turning 50.
Cutting out added sugars, incorporating strength training into your workouts, eating more protein, cooking meals at home, and following a whole-foods-based diet are just some methods you can use to improve your overall health and lose excess body fat.
Try out the tips above, and before you know it, weight loss after 50 will seem like a breeze. these are few tips which help us to lose Fastest Ways to Burn Belly Fat – above 50 years.